Long Story [Short]…
LSS Media was commissioned by the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) to tell a thirty-year story in under six minutes. We created a short documentary on the thirty years of HIV/AIDS to address an often neglected aspect of the epidemic – mothers and children.
We collected key archival content and conducted additional filming at EGPAF-supported clinics in two countries – Mozambique and Tanzania – for compelling new footage to showcase the organization’s work on the global epidemic.
- The piece premiered on World AIDS Day 2011, and was featured by ABC News and other media outlets for news reports on the thirtieth anniversary of the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- It introduced a scholarly panel on pediatric AIDS at the Harvard AIDS@30 International Symposium.
- It was used by various EGPAF partners and stakeholders, including the ONE Campaign and the Business Leadership Coalition for a Generation Born HIV Free.
- The piece was selected by UNAIDS to be recut and shown at the “Uniting for an AIDS-Free Generation” concert at the Kennedy Center on the eve of the AIDS 2012 International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C.
- The piece was nominated for two Webby Awards for Best Editing and Best Public Service and Activism Video, and won a 2012 Golden Cine award and a 2013 Cine Special Jury Award.
[Click Here] to see our entire work for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.