It’s hard to believe that 2015 is coming to a close — but that also means we’re already thinking about 2016 – and interviewing for interns for both Spring and Summer.
An LSS internship is a great way to learn about all aspects of production and business management, and to truly get hands-on experience in creating digital and broadcast media for some pretty incredible organizations around the world.
Long story short – it’s an amazing opportunity for self-starters and people who want to take their skills to the next level.
Take a look at our internship description below and drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
LSS Paid Internship Position (Spring 2016 and Summer 2016):
Long Story Short Media (LSS) – an award-winning, fast-paced production company based in Washington, DC – is now accepting applications for interns for Spring 2016 and Summer 2016.
Interns will be assigned to the following areas:
LSS is a great opportunity for interns to get valuable hands-on experience at a growing company. Interns must possess an eagerness to learn, work well in a team setting, and are expected to take initiative.
Production interns will learn and be a part of all aspects of pre-production, field production, scripting and post production. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and shooting video is a plus for interns interested in editing. Interns interested in sound design, graphic design, and motion graphics are also welcome.
Business/Accounting interns must have a working knowledge of Excel. The intern will assist in all aspects of pre-production, production, post-production from an operations aspect. Interns will report directly to the COO to conduct analysis, industry research, and budgeting.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
(Informed by intern’s discipline)
- Help with day-to-day company needs
- Run company related errands
- Log and transcribe interviews and b-roll
- Edit video
- Assist with topical research and data collection.
- Research and discover new trends in production (VR, 360, etc)
- Music search for projects
- Assist with pre-production preparation, including interviews, stock footage/photographs, b-roll, and music search
- Develop an understanding of copyright issues, how to obtain clearances, and the basics of fair use rules
- Assist in field production as needed and available
- Assist in social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms)
- Become further acquainted with production equipment as available, including Apple computers, Adobe Production Suite, HD cameras, lighting, and audio mixers.
- Maintain various administrative and media files through the company’s online database
- Undertake market research, analyze new pricing models, and potential grant channels
- Analyze and aggregate company-specific research, reviewing news, equity research, financial information, ownership structure, etc.
- Perform company and industry benchmarking analysis, focusing on financial performance and trends
Applicants must be a Junior or Senior, currently enrolled in a college or university majoring in Communication, Business, International Development, Media Studies, or Film/Video related majors.
This position requires students to work between 20-40 hours a week, within a flexible schedule.
This is a paid internship: $10.50/hr. Course credit will be awarded when applicable.
Please send a resume and cover letter specifying your desired term to email@example.com.