LSS Paid Internship Position (Spring 2017)
Long Story Short Media (LSS), an award winning, fast paced production company based in Washington, DC, is now accepting applications for Production Interns for Spring 2017.
LSS is a great opportunity for interns to get valuable hands on experience at a growing company. Interns must possess an eagerness to learn, work well in a team setting, and are expected to take initiative.
Our interns will learn and be a part of all aspects of pre-production, field production, scripting and post production. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and shooting video is a plus for interns interested in editing. Interns interested in sound design, graphic design and motion graphics are also welcome.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
(Informed by intern’s discipline)
- Help with day to day company needs
- Run company related errands
- Log and transcribe interviews and b-roll
- Edit video
- Assist with topical research, and data collection.
- Research and discover new trends in production (VR, 360, etc)
- Music search for projects
- Assist with pre-production preparation including interviews, stock footage/photographs, b-roll, and music search.
- Develop an understanding of copyright issues, how to obtain clearances, and the basics of fair use rules.
- Assist in field production as needed and available.
- Assist in social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms).
- Become further acquainted production equipment as available including Apple computers, Adobe Production Suite, HD cameras, lighting and audio mixers.
- Maintain various administrative and media files through the company’s online database.
- Undertake market research, analyze new pricing models and potential grant channels
- Analyze and aggregate company-specific research, reviewing news, equity research, financial information, ownership structure, etc.
- Perform company and industry benchmarking analysis, focusing on financial performance and trends.
Applicants must be a Junior or Senior, currently enrolled in a college or university majoring in Communication, International Development, Media Studies, or Film/Video related majors.
This position requires students to work a minimum of 20 hours a week, within a flexible schedule.
This is a paid internship: $11.50/hr. Course credit will be awarded when applicable.
Interested in applying? Email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org