LSS Media is hiring!
If you’re interested in joining a great team and fast-moving company, take a look below at our job posting for Executive Assistant to the CEO.
Please forward your resume to EAjobs@LSSmedia.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line or mail to Long Story Short Media at 2830 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001.
Job Posting: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Job Description: Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external parties. This person will serve a key role by supporting the CEO and building a strong support system across this growing company. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is team-driven and results oriented.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO, including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; coordinating complex travel plans and filming schedules, itineraries and agendas, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Helps CEO manage her time and priorities. Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows through on projects often with deadline pressure.
- Communicate with clients, vendors and internal staff on behalf of the CEO. Liaise with the team in the Minneapolis branch office to ensure smooth communications and workflow. Liaise with the GM on day to day issues and overarching production calendar.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, follows up appropriately. Has their finger on the pulse of the company and keeps CEO well informed when she is out of the office.
- Provide eadership and build relationships across the organization and handle a variety of special projects.
- Writes proposals, powerpoint/key note decks, and other communications on behalf of the CEO.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to prioritize tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with clients in high stress environments and manage client needs. This person almost must be a team player who enjoys working in creative environment and building a healthy workplace.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service
- Forward-looking creative thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions. Highly resourceful with the ability to work independently.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3 years of executive support experience, preferably with a creative services agency.
- Proficient in microsoft (outlook, word, excel and power point), adobe acrobat, google suite, and keynote.
- Multi-lingual a plus. Experience with Function point, Tallie, and/or Bill.com software a plus.
About Long Story Short Media:
Long Story Short Media is a creative content agency made up of highly skilled content makers. We combine decades of narrative storytelling and technical expertise to produce meaningful and memorable short and long-form content for broadcast, digital and the live event space.
Our clients include major television networks, multinational technology companies, global non-profits, Fortune 500 companies and many others. Our content has been seen and heard across the globe – from broadcast television and radio, to digital channels, social media, and immersive websites, and on LED screens in Times Square and Piccadilly Circus.
We are a certified woman-owned business by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council (WBENC), and a Certified Business Enterprise (CBE) headquartered in the District of Columbia. In 2015, LSS Media was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America. LSS has been recognized with more than 40 awards over the last eight years, including an Edward R. Murrow award, multiple Webby Awards, and an Emmy nomination.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, and 401(K)
Interested candidates should forward resume to EAjobs@LSSmedia.com with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line or mail to Long Story Short Media at 2830 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001.