LSS Paid Internship Position (FALL 2016)
Looking for an internship to gain experience in the field of production?
Long Story Short Media (LSS Media) is an award-winning, fast-paced creative content agency and production company based in Washington, DC. We’re now accepting applications for Production Interns for Fall 2016.
LSS is a great opportunity for interns to get valuable, hands-on experience at a growing company. Interns must possess an eagerness to learn, a willingness to take initiative and the ability to work well in a team setting.
Our interns have the opportunity to be a part of all aspects of pre-production, field production, scripting and post production. Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and shooting video is a plus for interns interested in editing. Interns interested in sound design, graphic design and motion graphics are also welcome.
Duties and Responsibilities may include (informed by intern’s discipline):
- Help with day-to-day company needs
- Run company-related errands
- Log and transcribe interviews and b-roll
- Edit video
- Assist with topical research and data collection.
- Research and discover new trends in production (VR, 360, etc.)
- Music search for projects
- Assist with pre-production preparation, including interviews, stock footage/photographs, b-roll and music search
- Develop an understanding of copyright issues, how to obtain clearances and the basics of fair use rules
- Assist in field production as needed and available.
- Assist in social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms)
- Become further acquainted with production equipment as available, including Apple computers, Adobe Production Suite, HD cameras, lighting and audio mixers
- Maintain various administrative and media files through the company’s online database
- Undertake market research, analyze new pricing models and potential grant channels
- Analyze and aggregate company-specific research, reviewing news, equity research, financial information, ownership structure, etc.
- Perform company and industry benchmarking analysis, focusing on financial performance and trends
Applicants must be a Junior or Senior, currently enrolled in a college or university majoring in Communication, International Development, Media Studies or Film/Video related majors.
This position requires students to work a minimum of 20 hours a week, within a flexible schedule.
This is a paid internship: $11.50/hr. Course credit will be awarded when applicable.
Applicants should send their resume to email@example.com.